Thursday, September 8, 2011

CATAGORIES.............BY REQUEST


My Filing System still is "prettified" as I have yet to put the duct tape (hot pink) on the boxes , as I just haven't had the time to get the tops trimmed and it done NEATLY like I want it to be ............so I don't have an updated photo to show you but I have had several requests for CATEGORIES that I use.

As I have stated many times, my categories may or may not work for you. Some people like to put in order of the store layout that they shop most frequently, others may alphabetize their categories, I don't do either........ I put what "makes sense to me" which is what I have gotten used to over the years......

So here goes nothing,  here are my categories as you have requested:

1st Box .......... on the left 
FRONT:  coupons that I think I need to check against products to see if sale prices/unadvertised prices are worth my buying,  this is in FRONT and not under a "tab" that categorizes

FREE:   free coupons that I need to use so they don't expire

FROZEN FOODS:   category I usually don't have many coupons for

2nd box Left
BREAD
DAIRY.............subdivided by 2 snack bags,  regular dairy and then another for items that really are not dairy but in the dairy case (ie: biscuits)
PRODUCE
MEAT

3rd box left
Breakfast
Canned Goods
Condiments
Mexican

4th box left
Desserts
Baking Items
Snacks
Drinks
Wine Tags:  this category is now almost obsolete due to those that have abused this luxury, it used to be such a wonderful item..........now ............not so much


FIRST BOX RIGHT
front of box : uncategorized:  miscellaneous things like coupons from scanned ECB card that I have not used yet and short exp. date items

BABY
PET

2nd Box:
Paper / Plastic
Cleaning

3rd Box
Health / Beauty  (subdivided by 3 bags:  soaps and body care / make up / shaving needs)
Oral Health Care

4th Box
Medicines
Household:  (batteries, office supplies etc)

My side box  contains : paper clips, pens, business cards and I put my phone there while shopping
The very front of box has rec'ts and /or ECB /Register Rewards or Catalinas that may "spit out"
The Top lid contains Scissors, extra dividers, coupon wallet that holds VIP cards and /or gift cards
and very top of lid is where I put uncut coupons and / or store folders in which I pull coupons/ads etc and file so I can easily pull out a "shopping guide" of what I want to purchase with the relevant coupons.

I hope this helps you guys!  

No comments: